PTLLS is the starting point for anyone who is about to start a teaching career, and is designed for someone who delivers occasional short courses of one or two days. Teachers in an associate teacher role will take the Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) and teachers in a full time teaching role will take the Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS).
The course covers the following:
- Understanding own role, responsibilities and boundaries of role in relation to teaching
- Understanding appropriate teaching and learning approaches in the specialist area
- Demonstrating session planning skills
- Understanding how to deliver inclusive sessions which motivate learners
- Understanding the use of different assessment methods and the need for record keeping.